Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pasta easy as 3-2-1

My husband is a firm believer in the Jamie Oliver school of though, that kids should be able to cook 10 meals before they leave school. I am a firm believer that they need to know waaaaay more than that! So I decided the to most who haven't attempted if before.....but honestly its the simplest thing! and cheap too!


I explained to my boys that pasta only has 3 ingredients (at least this recipe) 3 eggs, 2 cups of flour an 1 half of a tea spoon of salt....get it 3 2 1!


(really he did)
2 cups of flour~~~~1 half teaspoon of salt
  
and now the 3 eggs ~~~~  get it all mixed in


This is the part little boys love!!!


And now for the "fun" part!



Dyan, as usual, couldn't wait to try out the pasta. Rhys on the other hand just enjoyed making it and was satisfied that pasta can just come out of a box and that is fine with him. I am going to make some ravioli with them next time and a fresh lasagna with home made tomato sauce in the summer when the tomatoes are plentiful.

1 comment:

  1. That is o cool! I never thought anout making my own pasta!! I'm going to have to try it :O)
    Tracy
    http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete